Hi all. I’m back in your inbox this morning with your fresh edition of the Lakewood Daily. Here are all the most important things to know about what’s happening in town. Today’s briefing includes…
- Fire in Waterton Canyon caused by rodents
- You know fall is coming when the leaves start turning in the high country.
- Metro Denver’s housing market is cooling off as the Federal Reserves increases rates.
Thursday’s weather: Cloudy with a few showers. High: 65 Low: 49.
👀 Attention local businesses & marketers: Attract more customers in Lakewood by sponsoring this daily newsletter, which gets read by the same people you’re trying to reach. Click here to learn more.
Here are the top stories in Lakewood today:
- Wildfire in Waterton Canyon caused by rodents. Fire fighters extinguished a half-acre blaze after rodents were suspected to have cause the fire by chewing on electrical wires on Wednesday afternoon. (9News)
- Trees in the high country are beginning to reveal their fall colors. Here’s a list of nine of the very best places to see the Colorado’s fall colors in all their glory. (KUSA)
- Metro Denver leaders fly to Houston to discover if their homeless solution is Denver’s. Houston’s solution is based on Denver’s original Road Home with the addition of delivering housing first. (Westword)
- Metro Denver housing market appears to be cooling as the Federal Reserve continues to increase rates. Mortgage interest rates continue to have an impact on the housing market, and Denver’s market is seeing signs of more homes on the market for a longer period of time, and price reductions on many that were already listed. (7News)
Help us make Patch better:
Our user research team is interested in hearing about your experience with Patch. This is an opportunity for you to provide direct feedback and help us better serve you and your community. Your part in our research would consist of a single 30- to 60-minute interview, and you would receive a $25 Amazon gift card by email for your time. Interested? Sign up here to participate. If you’re selected, we’ll be in touch directly to set your appointment time. Thanks — hope to see you soon!
Today in Lakewood:
- Dry Land: 40 West Arts District. (Noon)
- Baby Time: Belmar Library. (10:15 a.m.)
- Hard Times Writing Workshop: Belmar Library. (3 p.m.)
- Farm Stand: At Mountair Park. (4 p.m.)
- Ukulele Thursdays: Columbine Library. (6 p.m.)
From my notebook:
- City of Lakewood’s clean up day coming on Saturday, Oct. 15. Lakewood residents can drop-off reusable and recyclable products for free. Check the link for the items that you can drop off. (Lakewood)
More from our sponsors — thanks for supporting local news!
You’re officially in the loop for today! I’ll be in your inbox on Friday morning with a brand-new edition of the Lakewood Daily. — Brad K. Evans
Have a news tip or suggestion for an upcoming Lakewood Daily? Contact me at [email protected]