Restore to reopen
The Fort Collins Habitat for Humanity ReStore at 4001 S. Taft Hill Road will celebrate Earth Day, April 22, with a grand reopening.
Last fall, the store received a grant from Thrivent to renovate the space, including new landscaping, signage and department layouts, according to a news release.
The grand reopening will include a VIP ribbon cutting ceremony on Friday morning, and a storewide 30%-off sale that runs through Saturday. Customers will also get a chance to see the new, pollinator-friendly landscaping designed in partnership with the Fort Collins Audubon Society, and shop hand-curated furniture and home décor items at “The Shed,” a mini-boutique located inside the store.
“Increasing the funding capacity of the ReStore means that we can serve more families and build more homes per year. This need is critical, especially in the current housing market,” Kristin Candella, executive director and CEO of Fort Collins Habitat for Humanity, said in the release.
- Allura Skin, Laser & Wellness Clinic will unveil an expansion during an open house at 2-7 p.m. Tuesday, April 19, at the Loveland clinic, 1615 Foxtrail Drive, Suite 190. The 1,600 square feet includes an additional five treatment rooms, bathroom, offices and storage space. Treatment demos, refreshments and giveaways will be featured. Website: alluraclinic.com.
- FireWind Massage, a new massage therapy office located at 1501 N. Cleveland Ave., Loveland offers appointments 10 a.m.-6 p.m. Monday-Tuesday and Thursday-Friday, 9 a.m.-8 p.m. Wednesday and 9 a.m.-4 p.m. Saturdays. Owned and operated by Allen Tefft, licensed massage therapist, the practice offers massage therapies and proven protocols to help those with injuries and chronic pain without the use of drugs. Website: firewindmassage.com.
- Runza Restaurants raised $37,584.28 at all locations in the annual Runza Feeds the Need fundraiser. The funding will go toward hunger and food insecurity related efforts in each community, including KidsPak in Loveland.
- Human Bean Northern Colorado will host a food drive April 17-30. Donations will be distributed between Fort Collins Rescue Mission and Weld Food Bank. Customers who donate five or more items will receive a free 20-ounce drink on the Human Bean app. Website: humanbeannortherncolorado.com.
- In recognition of Earth Day this year, Human Bean Northern Colorado will hold a Guest Barista Day with 10% percent of sales made at the 1822 S. College Ave., Fort Collins, location donated to bird conservation nonprofit, Audubon Rockies.
- Coan, Payton & Payne LLC attorney G. BrentCoan was recently recognized by Best Lawyers® as the 2022 Lawyer of the Year for Corporate Law.
- Covidien, Mansfield, Massachusetts, has been assigned a patent (No. 11,284,935, initially filed Oct. 22, 2018) developed by thre co-inventors for “energy-activation mechanisms for surgical instruments.” The co-inventors are Gene H. Arts, Berthoud; Daniel A. Joseph, Golden; and Tony Moua, Broomfield.
- Fostering Innovation to Drive Sustained Growth, noon-1 p.m. Wednesday, April 20, online. Josh Peterson, senior vice president of product and innovation at Otter Products, will lead the online session for Innosphere Ventures. Register at conta.cc/3v4BORN.
- Closer to the Vest: Crafting NDAs That Really Work, noon-1 p.m. Wednesday, April 27, online. Kevin Cudney of Brownstein Hyatt Farber Schreck will lead the online session for Innosphere Ventures. Register at conta.cc/3DTLH8G.
Send us your business news
The Reporter-Herald strives to include newsworthy business briefs for its readers each Sunday. The focus of business briefs is on Northern Colorado businesses, not business promotions.
The items we consider for briefs include:
• New businesses.
• Business relocations.
• Business closings.
• New contracts.
• Anniversaries (divisible by five).
• Mergers and acquisitions.
• New owners, employees or promotions of employees.
• Manufacture of new products.
• Business organization meetings, workshops, seminars or classes meant for networking or education.
• Open houses related to newsworthy events (new business, anniversary, new owners, renovations, new management, etc.).
• Awards or other recognition.
• Donations to charities.
Press releases are welcome. The Reporter-Herald reserves the right to edit information submitted for publication. Pictures of individuals involved in the event are welcome, but publication is not guaranteed.
Information is due by noon Wednesday for publication in the following Sunday’s business section. Information can be emailed to [email protected]. For more information, contact the Reporter-Herald newsroom, 970-635-3636, [email protected].